Planning and technical documentation within given time-frame
During the life-cycle of a ship several investigations and alterations may be required for its operational enhancement and regulatory consistency. Proper planning and correct technical documentation within the given time-frame are therefore necessary to ensure the vessel’s smooth operation.
- Strength Calculations
Our everyday interaction with the Classification Societies over the last decade was a catalyst for gaining broad expertise on the strength requirements of all IACS members. The calculations in this field cover many different topics and require application of different tools. Features include:
- Finite Element (FE) analysis (Femap)
- Hull girder scantlings check and reassessment (Longitudinal & Transverse Strength) – [LR RulesCalc v3.0, BV MARS]
- Crane installations and fitting of mooring and machinery equipment (DNV Nauticus Hull – 3D Beam)
- Determination of mooring fittings’ Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Calculation of Cargo Hold Mass Diagrams (Local Strength Diagrams) for Bulk Carriers
- Calculations of Maximum Allowable Steel Coil Loading for Bulk Carriers
- Compliance with IACS UR S30-31 requirements
- Preparation of Drawings
Our Company undertakes the preparation of the full package of drawings and plans for any modifications on board, while coordinating all parties involved and liaising with Owners/Managers and regulatory bodies.
- Stability Calculations
Investigating ship’s intact and damage stability and/or longitudinal strength according to applicable rules & regulations.
- Regulatory Compliance
Our Master Mariners, Naval Architects and Marine Engineers can provide a complete evaluation in terms of technical certification and documentation for a shipping company, a ship or the entire fleet, addressing areas or items that constitute regulatory gaps or demand special consideration.
- Power, Speed & Sea-keeping Estimations
- Tonnage Measurements
We are able to prepare International Tonnage Measurements in accordance with the International Tonnage Convention (1969), Greek Tonnage Measurements in accordance with Greek regulatory requirements and Suez Canal Tonnage Measurements.
- Sloshing Calculations
- Buoy Mooring Investigations
- Tanks Calibration Tables
- Freeboard Computations
- Condition of Assignment Reports
- Shafting Calculations
- CO2 System Calculations
- Electric Load Analysis & Short Circuit Calculations
- Heating Coils Calculations
- Pressure Drop Calculations
- Venting Calculations
- Oil Outflow Calculation
- Coating Areas Calculations