Alpha Marine collects and processes your personal data, which may include:
- Personal information and contact details: e.g. your name, telephone number and e-mail address,
- Employment information: employer/ previous employers, name and position in the company, and
- Any other personal information contained in messages and e-mails directed at Alpha Marine.
Alpha Marine does not install and/or use any cookies collecting or processing in any way personal data in the Website.
The personal data are stored and processed by Alpha Marine for two (2) years. After this period, we will attempt to renew your consent; if this is not possible, we will delete your personal data from our systems.
However, longer retention periods may apply, if the personal data are being processed by Alpha Marine in the context of the latter’s business activities. In such case, Alpha Marine shall process the personal data for as long as is necessary to comply with its legal obligations and/or legal consequences stemming from any agreement between a client and/or supplier and the Company.
Data processing purposes
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To inform you about developments in the shipping industry, trainings and seminars conducted by our firm, and developments concerning Alpha Marine;
- To respond to any queries or messages you addressed to our firm, and/or when you are exercising your rights deriving from Regulation No. 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data – GDPR;
- To exercise our rights and fulfill our legal obligations;
- For communication purposes with a view of potentially setting up a commercial collaboration with you and/or your Company;
- To conduct corporate communications relating to the Company’s business activities.
Data transfers to third parties
The personal data will be accessible to the Company and its fully authorized personnel, as well as to third parties, within Greece or in other member states of the European Economic Area (EEA), that will process your data exclusively on behalf of the Company and in accordance with the latter’s terms and instructions and with the applicable provisions of the GDPR, and the contract between the Company and any third parties. The use and transfer of such data to third parties, which act on behalf of the Company, are governed by contractual terms, which create the obligation for such third parties to enact protection measures for your personal data. The Company retains the right to reveal your data to the public authorities, to the extent required by law, regulation, administrative or judicial order, or other acts with similar nature and effect.
Such third parties may pertain to one of the following categories:
- Co-operating companies that provide technical services, safety services; technical, financial and legal advisors;
- Investigators and auditors;
- Accounting companies;
- Local and travel agents;
- Training centers;
The Company may also transfer some or all of your aforementioned data for the above purposes to persons located in a third country, non-member state of the EEA. Such transfer will take place in accordance with the GDPR and with the appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or by the competent national authority, or appropriate contractual clauses between the Company and the recipient of such data.
Legal basis for processing and obligation to provide data
The primary legal basis for the processing of your data is your consent. If you do not grant us your consent, we will not be able to continue sending you our newsletters and information.
You may withdraw your consent whenever you so wish. The lawfulness of the processing conducted prior to such withdrawal will not be affected. To withdraw your consent please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apart from the above, some processing activities may be conducted on other legal bases; for example, Alpha Marine shall process your data so far as this is necessary to comply with its legal obligations, as well as to the extent that such data had been collected through a previous commercial relationship between you and Alpha Marine. Where applicable, such processing shall be conducted in the context of the Company’s legitimate interest of communicating with its clients, contractors and suppliers via their employees, to conduct its day-to-day business.
Under the GDPR you have the right to know what personal data we collect and store, including other information on the processing thereof, and you may request a copy at any time and/or that we send to you or another party this information in a commonly used format. You are also entitled to have your personal data corrected and/or completed. You may request us to delete your personal data and/or to restrict the use of your personal data, and/or object to the processing activities conducted by us. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Finally, you are entitled to file a complaint with the competent supervisory data protection authority.
Persons under the age of 16
The Company does not collect any personal data of persons under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16 years of age, please do not communicate any of your personal data to Alpha Marine.
Applicable law and dispute resolution